The SMEP Call for Concepts for Piloting solutions that address manufacturing pollution in East Africa opened on July 18th 2022; the deadline for submitting concepts is Thursday, September 15th, 2022, at 13:00 GMT.
All concepts for solutions that show potential for uptake and scaling to address pollution generated by the manufacturing sector will be considered. The call centres on the following themes:
- Concepts that contribute to reducing or eliminating manufacturing pollution by transforming industrial waste-to-energy inputs for industrial processes or;
- Through technologies, concepts that directly intercept and preferably recycle by-products from industrial processes.
- Pollution mitigation concepts that create viable business cases and align with the objectives of these themes, but cannot be strictly categorised into them, will also be considered.
Refer to the Terms of Reference for detailed information on the scope of the procurement and the application guidelines. Visit the SMEP piloting technology solutions page for details on the application process.
If you are interested in submitting a concept, please complete the Registration of Interest (RoI) form to obtain a unique RoI number, which is required before submitting your Intention to Bid and accessing the Call for Concepts application form.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the SMEP Team if you have any questions:
- Amanda Dinan and Faith Gara: email@example.com
- Alexander Burtenshaw: firstname.lastname@example.org